BizTech College owns, operates and maintains the Site, www.biztechcollege.com including all content thereon (the “Site”). By accessing, browsing or using the Site, you accept and agree to these terms and conditions (the “Terms”). BizTech College may amend the Terms at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to review the current posted version of the Terms each time you use the Site as you will be bound by such amendments. Please exit the Site immediately if you do not accept or agree to the Terms.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
© BizTech College, 2012. All rights reserved. No part of the Site may be reproduced, modified, distributed, sold, published, broadcast, retransmitted in any form without the prior written consent of BizTech College.
All Content contained on the website is the property of BizTech College and is protected by Canadian and international copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. “Content” includes any and all material, information in text, graphical, video and audio forms, images, reports, articles, publications, data, databases, charts, graphics, photographs, illustrations, maps, interfaces, web pages, text, files, software, product names, company names, trade-marks, logos and trade names contained on the website.
BizTech College hereby grants a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download the Content located on the website for personal, non-commercial and not-for-profit use only. The website is made available for lawful, personal use only.
You may print pages from the website for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any of the Content and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices or disclaimers. Other than as specifically described herein, the website and its Content may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, merged with other data, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of BIZTECH COLLEGE.
The Content on the website is intended for educational and informational purposes only. All material provided on the Site is intended for informational purposes only and should not be used to replace either official documents (except where the material on the Site is explicitly identified as comprising the official version of a document), nor the advice of a qualified professional.
The Site may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as convenience to you. BizTech College is not responsible for the content of any third party website and does not endorse the information contained therein or guarantee its quality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, currency, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any purpose.
All content, designs, graphics, pictures, illustrations, software, artwork, video, sound, names, words, titles, phrases, logos and marks displayed on the Site are owned by BizTech College, its licensors, or the party accredited as owner, and are protected by copyright, trademark and intellectual property laws and treaty provision laws.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
BizTech College only obtains specific personal information, such as your name, phone number or email address through clear and affirmative action on the user’s end, such as voluntarily filling out a form, submit an email to us with this information or register to use a secure portion of the Site.
Should you choose to provide us with personal information, we will only use that information to respond to your request.
Note: Unless specifically noted otherwise, neither electronic systems nor email are secure information transmission methods. Therefore, we recommended that you do not send sensitive personal information electronically.
- Monitor our Site usage and improve the performance of our Site; for example, cookies help us remember who you are through your browser settings so that we can offer and provide more personalized content such as your font text size preference.
- Save passwords and/or preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit the Site.
- Compile user traffic and demographic statistics related to the Site (for example, number of users, page views, location you are coming from, average time spent on the Site, etc.). This information helps us to better understand when to update, change or offer new navigation or content. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are used to save preferences, to compile statistical information and to assess and improve the efficiency of the Site.
TYPES OF COOKIES:
- Session cookies – Session Cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user’s computer or device when the browser is closed. No personal information is kept in session cookies and they are stored only in your browser’s temporary (cache) memory. When you log out of your session, the cookie is no longer valid and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies – These are more permanent and can be re-read when you return to the website that placed them on your computer. The information in them is written onto your hard drive and saved there for a fixed period (usually a year or two) and is not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to identify and provide personalized features and for tracking traffic patterns to and from our Site.
- First party cookies – First party cookies are set by the website you are visiting and they can only be read by that site.
- Third party cookies – Third party cookies are set by a different organization through the owner of the website you are visiting. The websites you visit may contain content embedded from, for example YouTube or Flickr, and these sites may set their own cookies.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Please refer to the help information in your browser software for information on how to disable or delete cookies from your device.
BizTech College uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to measure traffic patterns to, from, and within our Site. Google Analytics uses “first party” cookies, which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyze how users use the Site. Google Analytics uses “session” and “persistent” cookies to collect standard Internet log information and to track visitor behaviour information, in an anonymous form, and compile statistical reports on site activity.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google servers outside Canada. No personal, identifying information is recorded or provided to Google. As well, Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Furthermore, BizTech College uses the Google Analytics scripting call to remove the last octet from IP Addresses before the data is transmitted to Google.
BizTech College uses the statistical reports generated by Google Analytics to help us make our Site more useful to visitors. Reports are made available only to Web Services and other designated staff who require this information to perform their website maintenance and enhancement duties.
Google Analytics is not used to track visitor behaviour on any of our secure sites.
Google Analytics Terms of Service can be found at: http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/tos.html
If you require clarification about BizTech College’s use of Google Analytics, please contact Web Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless BizTech College, its Board of Governors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim or demand made by any third party, and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to your browsing or use of the Site, content that you transmit to the Site, or your breach of any of the Terms. BizTech College shall control the defense of any matter which is subject to indemnification by you and you shall co-operate as fully as reasonably required by BizTech College.
Any information sent or received over the Internet is generally not secure. BizTech College does not guarantee the security of any communication to or from the Site.
BizTech College may in its sole discretion restrict, block or terminate your access to the Site at any time, without notice. In the event of termination, BizTech College will no longer permit you to access the Site. BizTech College is not liable to you or any party for such termination.
Visitors can access the Site from all Canadian provinces and territories, as well as from other countries. The Terms of the Site are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and these laws apply to the use of the Site, notwithstanding your domicile, residency or physical location. You hereby attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario and all courts competent to hear appeals therefrom.
If any provision of the Terms is deemed invalid or unlawful, then the provision is deemed severed without affecting the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.