60 Weeks (1692 Hours)
What could be a more rewarding job than saving lives every day? Paramedics are the frontline of healthcare in Canada, and trained professionals are always in-demand.
Paramedic Academy of BizTech College offers extensive hands-on training and in-depth knowledge of pre-hospital emergency and acute patient care. Approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, our primary care paramedic (PCP) program offers a unique combination of classroom, lab and ambulance ride-outs that prepare you for real-world situations.
With an exceptional record in A- EMCA, our graduates are currently working in various ambulance services in the Greater Toronto Area.
A-EMCA Certification Preparation
85% of Graduates Successfully Employed
100% Clinical Placements
500 Hours of Practicum
Why Primary Care Paramedic Diploma at BizTech College?
Our Primary Care Paramedic diploma prepares you with the knowledge and skills required to confidently administer pre-hospital, primary care and preform emergency medical interventions. You gain in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand critical medical terminology required to perform paramedical duties.
- Be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Have a clear understanding of the basics of pharmacology.
- Understand the operational, legal, ethical and psycho-social aspects of being a paramedic.
- Provide patient care in a variety of forms (from basic to emergency).
- Perform patient assessments and complete corresponding documentation.
- Identify patient trauma and provide trauma management.
- Provide symptom relief and medical guidance.
- Safely operate and ambulance or EMS vehicle.
- Patient communication skills training.
As a BizTech College Primary Care Paramedic student, you have the opportunity to receive hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified paramedic professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting.
Our partnerships with local ambulance services provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
During your placement, you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful connections with potential employers, which can serve you well as you search for paramedic jobs upon graduation.
Reflecting the rules and regulations set out by the Ministry of Health and Lon-Term Care, our curriculum is designed to prepare you to take the Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA) certification exam upon graduation.
Our state-of-the-art infrastructure offers you the opportunity to apply the concepts learnt in the classroom. Stimulated learning via ambulance experience and lab training allows our students to outperform on-the-job.
BizTech College offers unique healthcare programs such as Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist, Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Medical Lab Environment, which means you will be learning in a vibrant environment.
Students looking to enroll in our Primary Care Paramedic program must first meet the following paramedic course requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 Years of age or older)
- Must have Biology and Math – Min Grade 11 (Equivalent to ICAS or WES or MCC)
- Successful Completion of Entry Assessment Test
- Successful Personal Interview.
For students who do not have Biology and Math, please speak with our admissions representative for your options.
Additionally, students need to have the following before the start of the program:
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector screening checks
- Immunization record as per the program requirement
ESL Requirements for International Students
Get Ready for an In-Demand Career
Healthcare professionals are always in-demand. As a primary care paramedic, you will be on the frontline of medical services.
Primary care paramedics have various job prospects depending on where they work in Canada. Upon graduation, you may work in the following:
- Regional (Ambulance) EMS
- Land Ambulance
- Search and Rescue Medical
- Services (SAR Tech)
- Private Medical Events
- Patient Transfer Services
- Air Ambulance
As one of the very few paramedic schools in the Greater Toronto Area, Paramedic Academy of BizTech College prepares you to explore a variety of career paths. According to Job Bank Canada, paramedical professionals usually earn between $23.35/hour and $43.96/hour.
The average wage in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is $38/hr. For detailed trend analysis, wages and future prospects visit the Government of Canada Job Bank.
Qualities Employers Seek
Our ultimate goal is to help you be job-ready and succeed in the chosen profession. What qualities a primary care paramedic should possess to be successful:
- Team Player
- Great Problem-Solving Skills
- Ability to Stay Calm
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Open to Learning
- Physical Fitness and Strength
“Biztech has prepared me for my career by providing with extensive knowledge and constantly pushing us to always do our best”
“I was a medical student in my home country and wanted to do something related to Canada. The Paramedic program at BizTech College is fast-track and offers hands-on training that is required on-the-job.”
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.