As one of the most comprehensive paramedic programs in Ontario, BizTech College’s Primary Care Paramedic diploma prepares you with the knowledge and skills required to confidently administer pre-hospital, primary care and preform emergency medical interventions.
The strong career skill-set you gain here will qualify you for paramedic jobs in ambulatory health care services as well as local, municipal and regional ambulance services in Ontario.
BizTech College’s paramedical course prepares you to meet Ontario’s recognized standards (A-EMCA) and join any ambulance service within the province, qualifying you for a number of paramedic jobs relevant for emergency medical services (EMS).
- Multifaceted Skills A unique combination of classroom, lab and EMS training will help you gain a solid, versatile career skill set.
- In-depth Knowledge You will specialize in wounds management, rescue procedures, First Aid and CPR plus defibrillation, and much more.
- High Demand Placement You will learn first-hand from qualified professionals, in a fast-paced setting, during your clinical placement.
- Advanced Training preparing you for successful career in ambulance service.
BizTech College’s paramedic training will help you gain an in-depth knowledge and competitive skill-set in the following areas:
- Understand critical medical terminology required to perform paramedical duties.
- Be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Have a clear understanding of the basics of pharmacology.
- Understand the operational, legal, ethical and psycho-social aspects of being a paramedic.
- Provide patient care in a variety of forms (from basic to emergency).
- Perform patient assessments and complete corresponding documentation.
- Identify patient trauma and provide trauma management.
- Provide symptom relief and medical guidance.
- Safely operate and ambulance or EMS vehicle.
- Patient communication skills training.
As a BizTech College Primary Care Paramedic student you have the opportunity to receive hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified paramedic professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting. Our partnerships with local ambulance services provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
Providing a smooth transition into the workforce, a clinical placement is a critical part of your paramedical training courses at our college. During your placement you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful connections with potential employers, which can serve you well as you search for paramedic jobs upon graduation.
Unlike many paramedic courses in Canada, as a BizTech College student you have the opportunity to apply your paramedic training to a nursing degree, at Davenport University. The credits you earn with a BizTech College Primary Care Paramedic diploma can put you on the fast track to growing your healthcare career, and make you a more versatile healthcare professional.