26 Weeks (540 Hours)
Are you organized, able to multitask, and possess excellent time-management skills? You may want to consider a career as an administrative assistant. Administrative assistants carry out everyday organizational and clerical tasks and keep office environment structured.
BizTech College’s administrative assistant diploma program prepares students for varied careers. Students learn from MS Office to general bookkeeping to event management to succeed in any professional setting.
From placement assistance to lifelong career support, our students also go through uniquely designed Client Readiness Program (CRP) that groom students to perform up to the expectations of employers and lead a successful career.
Training on Latest Software Applications
Hands-on Training - QuickBooks
Event Management Training
Focus on Digital Office Skills
Administrative Assistant Diploma at BizTech College
Upon successful completion, of course, you will have gained strong working knowledge in the following areas:
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person.
- Manage incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations.
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer.
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations.
Office and Administration
- Determine and establish office procedures.
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Compile data, statistics, and other information to support research activities.
- Supervise and train staff in office procedures and relevant software.
- Organize, coordinate, and manage office events.
- Basic to advanced skills in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and more.
- Accounting principles, invoicing and general bookkeeping tasks – QuickBooks.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems.
Our administrative assistant diploma program focuses on rapidly changing office environment, especially after Covid-19. Apart from verbal and written communication, we train students on how to manage cloud-based office environment. Students are coached in integral personal development skills and strategies, along with business disciplines.
Uniquely designed Client Readiness Program, assess the student’s ultimate ability to perform up to the expectations of employers throughout the program to help lead a successful career.
Students looking to enroll in our Business Administration program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 years of age or older) AND
- Successful completion of Entry Assessment Test
Excel As an Office Professional
As an administrative assistant you will be working in variety of business settings. Our 26 Weeks diploma prepares for diverse skill set which suits different work environments.
Administrative assistants or office administrators are pretty much in demand across all sectors, and in all industries. Diploma holders have excellent opportunities to enter the business management and can further explore careers as:
- Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Virtual Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Assistant Manager
- Office Administrator
Administrative assistants have a fair employment outlook in Ontario for next 5 years. Traditional roles are declining; however, the demand for candidates with excellent technology skills is increasing rapidly.
The average wage for administrative assistants in Greater Toronto Region is $22.53 per hour. Experienced office professionals can earn up to $34.00 per hour.
Qualities Employers Seek
As an administrative assistant, you will play a vital role in managing office and coordinating between the management and the staff. To succeed in this role, one must possess following qualities:
- Must be able to Adapt
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Outgoing Personality and Professional
- Exceptional Organizational Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
“My time at Biztech College was enriching. Faculty is supportive and lets you build on your strengths and be job-ready”
“They gave me a free subscription to QuickBooks for my laptop, it helped a lot with my homework and learning to account. When I graduated, Elaine helped me create a resume, and she set up job interviews for me.”
“I gained a lot of useful knowledge and skills on all aspects of business administration, I feel confident.”
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.