As a BizTech College student you will enjoy a unique combination of classroom, lab and clinical placement training to build a solid medical lab technician career skills foundation. After successful completion of BizTech College’s Medical lab technician course you will have the skills to confidently perform a variety of medical laboratory tests and procedures, as well as the ability to provide physicians with the required documentation.
During the program you will come to understand medical lab safety procedures, equipment set-up as well as learning how to perform and interpret electrocardiograms (ECG).
- Comprehensive Skill-set You will gain a versatile skill-set, in a variety of medical lab procedures.
- Extensive hands-on training You will train in state-of the art labs as well as have the opportunity to work alongside qualified professionals in your clinical placement.
- Versatile Career You will be able to pursue a variety of roles in a range medical lab settings.
The BizTech College Medical Laboratory Technician program will help you gain an in-depth knowledge. Moreover, you will gain a competitive skill-set in the following areas:
- Medical terminology and human body organization
- Clinical laboratory science
- Phlebotomy together with hematology
- ECG circulatory and respiratory system
- Vital signs, First aid, and CPR
- Medical microbiology
- Urinary system and urinalysis
- Anatomical pathology and cytology
- Digestive system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system, special senses as well as endocrine
- Reproductive system
- Medical office administrative and clinical procedures
As a BizTech College student you are guaranteed hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified medical lab professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting. Our partnerships with local clinics and hospitals provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
Serving the purpose of a smooth transition into the workforce, a clinical placement is a critical part of your medical lab technician training. During your placement, you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful connections with potential employers, which can serve you well as you search for medical lab technician jobs upon graduation.
Reflecting the rules and regulations set out by the Medical Laboratory Professionals’ Association of Ontario (MLPAO), the BizTech College Medical Laboratory Technician diploma curriculum, therefore, prepares you to take the certification exam upon graduation.
After successful completion of the MLPAO exam, you will, therefore, be certified to work in a medical lab setting within Ontario.