52 Weeks(1020 Hours)
As more information passes through the internet, cyber-attacks are on the rise. For this reason, trained cybersecurity professionals are crucial in protecting data in today’s cyber-centred world.
BizTech College’s diploma in networking and cybersecurity prepares you to implement strategies to secure networks and minimize cyber threats. Deter and prevent cybercrime and manage networks.
Graduates will also learn to install, manage, operate, plan, troubleshoot and protect computer networks and cloud-based systems. Students with post-secondary accreditation in either IT or computer science can easily apply previous experience to mastering cybersecurity principles.
Preparation for top Networking & Cyber Security Certifications
Networking and Cybersecurity Diploma at BizTech College
Upon graduation from our networking and cybersecurity program, you will have gained hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand computer hardware fundamentals to be able to install, configure, optimize, upgrade, diagnose, troubleshoot and perform preventive measures on computers and network devices.
- Comprehend a broad knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Competently implement a network infrastructure in a small- to medium-sized enterprise based on Cisco routing and switching technologies.
- Plan, configure and verify the implementation of secure enterprise LAN and WAN routing solutions using a range of routing protocols.
- Perform regular maintenance on complex enterprise routed and switched networks.
- Configure advanced networking services relating to Active Directory Domain service, identity and rights management, federated services, load balancing, failover clustering, and disaster recovery.
- Core understanding of Cyber Security Framework with industry best practices
- Develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
- Understanding the compliance requirement for network security deployment architecture
- Hands on experience for configuring Access control list and other networking components to reduce attack surface, train students, how to think like a hacker and defend network.
- Leverage the different Operating System including Linux and apply hands on experience to reduce attack surface for platform and industries application.
Our career services focus on verbal and written communication and presentation skills to help you succeed in versatile business settings: resume building, LinkedIn profile enhancement, and job search tips as and when required.
Students looking to enroll in the Networking & Cybersecurity program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 years of age or older) AND
- Successful completion of Entry Assessment Test
Get ready for one of the Highest Paid Technology Career
Massive amount of data is created and shared every day. With network expansion and advancement of cloud-based technologies, cybersecurity professionals are in demand more than ever.
Networking and cybersecurity professionals have a wide range of responsibilities and roles. As the company’s first line of defense, cybersecurity specialists are in demand from medium to large corporations and in government departments.
As a networking and cybersecurity graduate, you will have the theoretical and hands-on expertise to pursue the following positions:
- Network Administrator or Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer or Architect
- Computer Systems Technician
- Cyber Security Specialist/ Technician
- Security Administrator
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Incident Analyst/Responder
Qualities Employers Seek
To be a successful networking and cybersecurity professionals, you would need the following attributes:
- Analytical Thinking: One should possess the capacity to assess problems and think out-of-the-box.
- Think like a Hacker: To handle the hackers, you need to think like one. You should have the ability to channel the thought process like the attacker.
- Continuous Learner: You need to be a proactive learner. Be up to date with the latest changes in the industry.
- Communication Skills: You should possess apt communication skills and confidence to ask support and answer questions across all areas of the business, from CEO and board-level executives to end-users alike.
Biztalk: Is Cybersecurity Diploma Worth It?
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP)
Certified Ethical Hacker
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.