If you have donated blood or have medical tests done, you have met a phlebotomist. With the increasing demand for certified professionals in the healthcare industry, Phlebotomy certification will help you kick-start your career in the medical field.
Phlebotomy Certification Training
Get Hands-on Phlebotomy Training
- Prepare yourself to collect, as well, as handle blood specimens.
- Equip yourself with a skill-set required in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Learn with hands-on training in the guidance of industry professionals.
Phlebotomists can expect relative job security in Canada as the demand for certified professionals is constant. With the booming healthcare industry in Canada, the job outlook for a phlebotomist is good.
Phlebotomy certification opens up a plethora of opportunities in the following healthcare facilities:
- Walk-in Clinics
- Blood Donation Centers
- Care Facilities
What do Phlebotomy Certification holder do?
As a phlebotomist, you will be responsible for drawing blood from a donor or patient. Explain the procedure to the patient and help patients be more relaxed and less nervous. Phlebotomists also need to enter the correct information in the database and ensure cleanliness of medical instruments.
A professional phlebotomist must have the following traits:
- An eye for details,
- Good hand-eye coordination,
- Compassion and,
- Good communication skills.
Phlebotomists primarily perform the following duties:
- Collect patient or donor blood samples.
- Proper specimen handling and database management.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of medical equipment.
Upon successful completion of phlebotomy certification training, you will be able to perform various methods of venipuncture and capillary blood collection confidently. You will gain hands-on practice using vacutainers, butterfly needles together capillary puncture.
Phlebotomy Certification training at BizTech College offers comprehensive working knowledge in the following areas:
- Blood and specimen collection.
- Patient Interaction and related legal, ethical & safety issues.
- Lab safety and equipment sanitation.
- Blood sample management and administrative duties.
Who should attend?
A phlebotomy certification makes a great addition to any healthcare resume. This certification is perfect for students planning to enter healthcare professions or professionals who want to upgrade their skills or maintain a professional credential.
Professionals from the following areas may like to attend:
- Physician Assistant
- Personal Support Worker
- Paramedic or EMS
- Medical office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Registering for BizTech College’s Phlebotomy certification course, you therefore consent to the following:
- Refunds are available up to three (3) working days before the planned start;
- Refund requests must be received via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Refund requests processed in seven (7) working days
- Course training is successive, registrants must be able to commit to all scheduled dates through to course completion
- NO REFUNDS AVAILABLE: If forced to withdraw, applicants may re-start their training within six (6) months