57 Weeks (1351 Hours)
Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography also known as Echocardiography, is technology that help diagnose cardiac ailments using diagnostic imaging technology.
BizTech College’s Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography is Accredited and aligned with National Competency Profile.
Ardently devised by subject specialists, our cardiac sonography program emphasizes on both didactic and practical components of the study.
Focus on both Invasive and Non-Invasive Procedures
Unique Clinical Readiness Program
Guaranteed Clinical Placements
Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Diploma at BizTech College
Our uniquely designed cardiac sonography programs offers and an edge with in-demand additional modules differentiating our program and giving students preference among employers:
- Stress Echocardiography: Stress echocardiography unveils many cardiac pathologies which are otherwise not detected by resting echo. BizTech college program provides simulated training of stress echo.
- 12-Lead ECG: Normally 12-lead ECG is done by the Cardiovascular Technicians. This submodule includes both performance and interpretation of ECG, which helps correlate ECG findings with echocardiographic findings.
- Intravenous Starts and Limited Phlebotomy: Students learn and practice setting up of intravenous starts and phlebotomy procedures. Trained in a clinical setting, students become proficient in administering contrast in contrast enhanced studies.
Along with above mentioned, students learn how to:
- Perform ultrasound procedures and interpret examination findings and employ principles of ultrasound physics and Instrumentation to achieve high quality and diagnostically useful ultrasound images.
- Follow legal and ethical requirements of the profession and comply absolutely with provincial, federal and CMRITO legislation as per National Comptency Profile – NCP 6.1 by Sonography Canada.
- Assist the physicians in performing highly specialized procedures such as Contrast studies, Transesophageal Echocardiography and Interventional procedures. (Subject to availbility of Volunteer)
- Apply proper body mechanics and ergonomic techniques to ensure self and patient safety and implement appropriate Infection Control measures to safeguard self and the patient against infectious disease processes.
- Establish effective verbal and nonverbal communication with the patients and other healthcare professionals.
As a BizTech College student, you are guaranteed hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified sonography professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting.
Our unique Clinical Readiness program module offers extensive hands-on training to master examination techniques and Canadian ultrasound protocols. The primary purpose of the program is to make sure that the students are proficient in all the clinical skills and are all fit to move on to real-time labs/clinics for clinical placement.
Clinical placement is a critical part of your sonography program. our partnerships with local clinics provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced, urban environment.
Reflecting the rules and regulations set out by professional organizations such as the Sonography Canada and CMRITO, our curriculum is designed to prepare you to take following certification exam upon graduation.
Graduates are also eligible to write following exam with American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer Certification (RDCS)
Our state-of-the-art labs simulate actual real-time clinical setting. Equipped with quality ultrasound systems coming from varied manufacturers to provide the students with an opportunity to learn and practice skills on different kinds of machines.
- Along with latest ultrasound machines, college has complete setup to Stress Echo, Contrast Echo and Electrocardiogram (ECG), not held by many training set-ups.
- The medical lab provides an opportunity for the students to learn and master competencies, such as establishing IV Starts and disposal of sharps and needles.
- Inventory of human models, mannequins and simulators which offer the opportunity to learn pathology protocols.
- Efforts are made to select volunteers of different demographics so that students get the opportunities to practice on people of varied body habitus and body structure.
Students looking to enroll in our Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 Years of age or older)
- Successful Completion of Entry Assessment Test
- Successful Personal Interview.
Additionally, students need to have the following before the start of the program:
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector screening checks
- Immunization record as per the program requirement
Start a Rewarding Career in Healthcare
Demand for diagnostic cardiac sonographer is increasing with the growing population and with efforts to reduce instances of heart diseases and better quality of life.
The opportunities for diagnostic cardiac sonographers are fair in Ontario for the next 3 years. Upon successful completion of the program and obtaining relevant certifications, you can explore a variety of career paths:
- Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
- Clinical Application Specialist
- Sonography Educator
According to Job Bank Canada, diagnostic cardiac sonographer usually earns between $30.00/hr. And $45.96/hr. In Canada.
The average wage in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is $37/hr. For detailed trend analysis, wages and future prospects visit the Government of Canada Job Bank.
Qualities Employers Seek
Our ultimate goal is to help you be job-ready and succeed in the chosen profession. Qualities employers seek in a good candidate:
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Hand-Eye Coordination
- Open to Learning
- Ethical and Discrete
- Able to Handle Stress
- Good Communication Skills
“I’ve graduated and got a cardiovascular sonography diploma. I passed ARDMS exams with a score of ~ 99%. (SPI: 691/700 and AE: 689/700). Thanks to my instructors, who taught me from almost scratch. They have excellent, highly knowledgeable and supportive instructors, preceptors and administration staff.”
“I stumbled upon the Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist (CST) program, apart from being an exciting career, it also lets international professionals put previous experience to fair use. It is a rigorous, yet rewarding program. Seasoned instructors, exposure through placements and unique ‘clinical readiness program’ help graduates of BizTech College gain an edge, which definitely helps during recruitment.”
“I would say I have chosen a perfect diploma (Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist). Our instructors are highly qualified, dedicated, friendly and tend to address our problem on a one-to-one basis, especially while we are on hands-on training.”
As a diagnostic medical sonographer, you will be doing so much more than what meets the eyes....
Diagnostic cardiac sonography is a versatile field and a rewarding career choice. This allied...
A cardiology technologist plays a vital role in diagnosis and treatment for heart-related medical...