39 Weeks (780 Hours)
“Accounting is the new language of business”- rightly said by Warren Buffet. Candidates with diploma in professional accounting and payroll administration enjoy more career opportunities, more money and may choose the path of self-employment.
BizTech College’s Professional Accounting and Payroll Administration diploma program is designed to facilitate students with a versatile skill-set.
With a focus on both theoretical and practical skills, our graduates are equipped for skills to secure employment in a variety of business settings. Students receive hands-on training and a free subscription to Accounting & Payroll Administration latest software – QuickBooks.
Preparation for Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certification
4-Week Internship for On-Job Experience
Free Software Subscription - QuickBooks
Life-long Career Support & Placement Assistance
Accounting, Bookkeeping & Payroll Diploma at BizTech College
Apart from technical know-how, we focus on effective communication and interpersonal skills. You will gain in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office 365 – Word, Excel and PowerPoint curriculum based on Microsoft IT Certifications.
- Intermediate to Advanced accounting tasks using QuickBooks Online and Desktop.
- Preparation for QuickBooks Pro Advisor Certifications.
- Proficiency in Sage 50, the second most popular accounting package in Canada.
- Software fundamentals and use of cloud-based systems for versatile technical settings.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems.
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare a trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements.
- Experience in services related to payroll, such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes.
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills.
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services.
- BizTech College students are given a one year, no-cost subscription to QuickBooks accounting software for your personal computer. Therefore, you can master course material and accounting principles.
Students are coached in integral personal development skills and strategies, along with business disciplines.
- Uniquely designed Client Readiness Program groom students as per the standard industry practices and ensure job-readiness up to the expectations of employers.
- Focus is placed on both written and verbal communication. Mock Interviews will help you gain the confidence to excel during the interview process.
- Our career services help you in resume building, LinkedIn profile enhancement, and job search tips as and when required.
Students looking to enroll in our Applied Business Administration program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 years of age or older) AND
- Successful completion of Entry Assessment Test
Preparing you for a Versatile Career
For a business to say productive, effective and profitable, they need good accounting professionals. Small, medium or multinational enterprises, no matter what structure it is, financial strength is crucial. You don’t have to be a math genius to enrol, interest is what matters.
With the successful completion of our program, you will be able to get employment in a variety of roles. Some of the common roles include:
- Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers
- Banking, Insurance and other Financial Clerks
- Payroll Administrators
- Accounting and Realted Clerks
Accounting, bookkeeping and payroll administration professionals can work in varied sectors such as finance, banking, insurance, retail, technical services, trade, transportation and warehousing. Here is a glimpse into the salary outlook for various occupations:
Qualities Employers Seek
Working with company financial records, you know the in and out of business. Businesses seek responsible and ethical candidates for the job. Essential qualities employers seek:
- Compliance: In-depth understanding of regulations in the country.
- Numeracy Skills: Professionals have to deal with numerical data, and complex calculations, aptitude for math is an important trait.
- Industry Software: Proficiency with industry software is a must. Office software such as Microsoft excel, the know-how of dedicated software such as QuickBooks and Sage are useful.
- Problem Solving: Employers look for quick learners, detail-oriented and individuals with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective Communication Skills: It is a common myth that accounting is an introverted and dull job. You will need to communicate effectively and confidently about any changes that effect system.
- Discretion and Dependability: Any leak or miscommunication will impact business and clients negatively. Understanding of security and privacy protocols is a must.
- Open to Learning: Technology is rapidly changing, and employers need candidates who are willing to learn, adapt and stay tuned with the latest developments.
“I aim to be an accountant, and I found BizTech promising start. Supportive environment excellent teachers and very professional approach.”
“It is not easy being an older person trying to fit into the work world today. When one lacks the experience or the up-to-date skills. Having the education that we have learned through BizTech, it is an invaluable asset that we can go forward with confidence to fit in the professional world.”
“BizTech College ‘Transforms Future’ in the real sense, I am thankful to the college administration for supporting me and helping me be job-ready with practical and career skills.”
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.