BizTech College’s Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist program includes the topics you would learn from echocardiography programs. You will gain both echocardiography and vascular modalities in one diploma. As one of the very few colleges in Ontario to offer a Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist program, BizTech College offers you the opportunity to gain a versatile skill-set to be ready for technologist jobs and exciting healthcare career in Canada.
- Valuable experience gained through clinical placement.
- One-of-a-kind program covering both echocardiography and vascular competencies.
- High importance given to basic sciences component including (but not limited to) anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology in addition to physical diagnosis.
Throughout the duration of BizTech College’s sonography training program you will gain an in-depth knowledge, as well as acompetitive skill-set in the following areas:
- Perform and interrupt ultrasound procedures in primary or specialty healthcare services.
- Cooperate effectively as part of a medical interdisciplinary team.
- Assist patient diagnosis, based on their scientific and medical knowledge gained from the program
- Understand the technology and instrumentation used to record and interpret imaging, patient protocols, communication and responsibility
As a BizTech College student you are guaranteed hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified sonography professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting. Our partnerships with local clinics and hospitals provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
Providing a smooth transition into the workforce, clinical placement is a critical part of your sonography program. During your placement, you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful connections with potential employers, which can serve you well as you search for ultrasound technician jobs upon graduation.
Competencies are based on the National Competency Profile 5.0 by Sonography Canada.