What is a Clinical Applications Specialist -Echocardiography?
A clinical applications specialist is a healthcare professional that specializes in the installation, configuration, and use of Clinical Information Systems (CIS) within a healthcare organization. They are also responsible for end-user training and support. Echocardiography Clinical Application Specialist (CAS) delivers clinical and operational expertise by providing excellent education and training support within a specific domain.
CAS- echocardiography is not just another cardiac sonography technologist, they have the unique ability to provide the highest level of care by understanding the complexities of cardiac imaging. CAS has extensive knowledge of both cardiac anatomy and physiology which allows them to provide exceptional diagnostic capabilities in both routine and emergencies.
In this Biztalk, we will discuss the career outlook of a CAS –Echocardiography in Canada. Are you interested in a career in clinical applications? BizTech College can offer you an accredited and aligned program that will help you meet the National Competency Profile for this occupation in just 57 weeks.
How Much Does a Clinical Applications Specialist – In Cardiac Sonography Make In Canada?
Clinical application specialists are in high demand in Canada. According to PayScale, the national average salary for a clinical applications specialist is $77,128.
Clinical application specialists with experience in echocardiography are especially in demand and can expect to earn a higher salary. With the increasing demand for clinical application specialists, those with the appropriate skills and experience can expect to find many opportunities for employment in Canada.
What are the Roles And Responsibilities of Clinical Applications Specialists?
Clinical Applications Specialists in echocardiography are key members of the health care team who work with patients and their families to ensure they receive the best possible care.
CAS- cardiac sonography play a vital role in providing interpretation and support for medical records and other clinical documents, as well as performing diagnostic tests and adjustments to medication regimens. Other tasks include:
- Serve as a Cardiac Ultrasound Expert and technical liaison to the sales organization to strengthen the technical capabilities of the team and customer relationships, while also driving business opportunities forward.
- Advance new product (NPI) features and imaging techniques; partner with customers in developing training plans/strategies that support new product assimilation in the field of sonography and ongoing training needs.
- Coordinate, schedule, and execute objective-based system training; monitor and report on training outcomes.
- Act as a focal point for modality/team, identify customer satisfaction issues, assist in escalations, problem determination and specialty training requests.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) to standardize and optimize protocols and support our clinical education initiatives.
- Penetrate competitive accounts and communicate current market intelligence back to the business, along with field concerns, issues and requirements.
- Provide technical and clinical leadership during the sales process by demonstrating the full range of Ultrasound products including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers.
What are The Desired Characteristics Employers Look For In CAS- Echocardiography?
Cardiac sonography or Echocardiography is a rapidly growing field that is benefitting from advances in technology. Employers are increasingly looking for candidates with the necessary technical and clinical expertise to work with Vivid products.
- A bachelor’s degree in cardiac sonography or a related field is generally required
- 3-5 years of experience working with vascular ultrasound equipment.
- Candidates should also have strong technical and clinical expertise in this area, as well as be able to work independently.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate with employees and internal and external customers at all levels
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Openness to change and process improvement mindset
Interested in Becoming a Clinical Applications Specialist In Cardiac Sonography?
If you are interested in becoming a Clinical Applications Specialist in Cardiac Sonography, BizTech College can offer you an accredited and aligned program that will help you meet the National Competency Profile for this occupation.
Our college is recognized as a leader in Canada for providing quality education and support services to students. We have a history of helping students achieve their career goals, and we are committed to providing our students with the best possible learning experience.
Contact us today to learn more about our programs and how we can help you start your career in Cardiac Sonography.