Upon successful completion of BizTech College’s Personal Support Worker course, you will have gained the knowledge and skills required to confidently assist clients and patients with tasks of daily living.
Furthermore, you will manage care plans, overall personal assistance, and ongoing safety. Most importantly, you will understand the importance of individuals, retained client independence and clear interpersonal communication. Ranked as one of the top PSW courses in Toronto, BizTech College guarantees clinical placement.
- High Demand as a Personal Support Worker your skill-set will be in consistent demand in a range of healthcare settings.
- In-Depth Training You will learn in a combination of classroom, lab in addition to clinical placement settings.
- Highly Qualified Your versatile, comprehensive skill-set will qualify you for a number of personal support worker jobs
Your BizTech College Personal Support Worker training will help you gain an in-depth knowledge and competitive skill-set in the following areas:
- Interpersonal skills, clear communication and effective relationship management
- Promotion of client independence, mobility and safety
- Administration of medications
- Ability to multi-task, organize as well as prioritize tasks
- Identification of the effects of aging, disabilities, disease and special needs surrounding daily care
- Responding to cognitive impairments and conditions
- Recognize signs of abuse
- Provide professional assistance to families and the role of respite
- Provide end of life/hospice supports
- Assisting someone with personal hygiene
- First Aid and CPR
Gaining hands-on experience in a real-world setting is a critical part of becoming a Personal Support Worker. A guaranteed clinical placement will allow you to work alongside highly qualified professionals while you master the skill-set and knowledge gained from your PSW certificate. A clinical placement is your opportunity to make connections with potential employers, or clients, which can serve you well upon graduation.