89 Weeks (2085 Hours)
Cardiovascular sonography technologists help physicians diagnose cardiac and peripheral vascular ailments using diagnostic imaging technology.
BizTech College’s Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist (CST) is a unique program that offers learning in both echocardiography and vascular modalities.
Registered with Sonography Canada, our cardiovascular sonography technologist program has been ardently devised by subject specialists allocating ample hours to both didactic and practical components of the study. Emphasis is laid on practical aspects component which receives approximately half of the program duration hours.
Dual Modalities in one Diploma - Cardiac & Vascular
Unique Clinical Readiness Program
100% Clinical Placements
Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist Diploma at BizTech College
Throughout BizTech College’s sonography training program, you will gain in-depth knowledge of the subject and learn how to:
- Perform ultrasound procedures and interpret examination findings.
- Record accurate medical history and examination procedures using correct medical terminology.
- Employing principles of ultrasound physics and Instrumentation, achieve high quality and diagnostically useful ultrasound study.
- Assist the physicians in performing highly specialized procedures such as Contrast studies, Transesophageal echocardiography and Interventional procedures.
- Understand and apply proper body mechanics and ergonomic techniques to ensure self and patient safety.
- Know and implement appropriate Infection Control measures to safeguard self and the patient against contagious disease processes.
- Legal and ethical requirements of the profession and comply absolutely with provincial, federal and CMRITO legislation.
- Establish effective oral and nonverbal communication with the patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Use apt professional judgement and practice within limits of personal knowledge, skill and acumen
As a BizTech College student, you are guaranteed hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified sonography professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting.
Our unique Clinical Readiness program module offers extensive hands-on training to master examination techniques and Canadian ultrasound protocols. The primary purpose of the program is to make sure that the students are proficient in all the clinical skills and are all fit to move on to real-time labs/clinics for clinical placement.
Clinical placement is a critical part of your sonography program. Our partnerships with local clinics and hospitals provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced, urban environment.
Reflecting the rules and regulations set out by professional organizations such as the Sonography Canada and CMRITO, our curriculum is designed to prepare you to take two certification exams upon graduation.
- Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer Certification and
- Canadian Registered Vascular Sonographer Certification
Graduates are also eligible to write exams with American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer Certification and
- Registered Vascular Sonographer Certification
Our state-of-the-art labs simulate actual real-time clinical setting. Equipped with quality ultrasound systems coming from varied manufacturers to provide the students with an opportunity to learn and practice skills on different kinds of machines.
- Equipped with ‘Vaso Guard’ Non-invasive Vascular Testing System, uniquely used for vascular testing and is not held by many training set-ups.
- The medical lab provides an opportunity for the students to learn and master competencies, such as establishing IV Starts and disposal of sharps and needles.
- Inventory of human models, mannequins and simulators which offer the opportunity to learn pathology protocols.
- Efforts are made to select volunteers of different demographics so that students get the opportunities to practice on people of varied body habitus and body structure.
Students looking to enroll in our Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 Years of age or older)
- Successful Completion of Entry Assessment Test
- Successful Personal Interview.
Additionally, students need to have the following before the start of the program:
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector screening checks
- Immunization record as per the program requirement
Start a Rewarding Career in Healthcare
Demand for cardiovascular technologists is increasing with the growing population and with efforts to reduce instances of heart diseases and better quality of life.
The opportunities for cardiovascular technologists are fair in Ontario for the next 3 years. Upon successful completion of the program and obtaining relevant certifications, you can explore a variety of career paths:
- Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
- Vascular Sonography Technologist
- Echocardiography Technician
- Diagnostic Medical Technologist
- Cardiac Ultrasound Technician/Technologist
- Ultrasound Technician
According to Job Bank Canada, diagnostic cardiac and vascular sonographer usually earns between $30.00/hr. And $45.96/hr. In Canada.
The average wage in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is $37/hr. For detailed trend analysis, wages and future prospects visit the Government of Canada Job Bank.
Qualities Employers Seek
Our ultimate goal is to help you be job-ready and succeed in the chosen profession. Qualities employers seek in a good candidate:
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Hand-Eye Coordination
- Open to Learning
- Ethical and Discrete
- Able to Handle Stress
- Good Communication Skills
“I’ve graduated and got a cardiovascular sonography diploma. I passed ARDMS exams with a score of ~ 99%. (SPI: 691/700 and AE: 689/700). Thanks to my instructors, who taught me from almost scratch. They have excellent, highly knowledgeable and supportive instructors, preceptors and administration staff.”
“I stumbled upon the Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist (CST) program, apart from being an exciting career, it also lets international professionals put previous experience to fair use. It is a rigorous, yet rewarding program. Seasoned instructors, exposure through placements and unique ‘clinical readiness program’ help graduates of BizTech College gain an edge, which definitely helps during recruitment.”
“I would say I have chosen a perfect diploma (Cardiovascular Sonography Technologist). Our instructors are highly qualified, dedicated, friendly and tend to address our problem on a one-to-one basis, especially while we are on hands-on training.”
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.