Technology has changed the way we live and work. With rapidly changing networking technology, one has to stay updated and keep evolving as per the needs of the job. Employers seek candidates who can build networks, secure devices and manage the network efficiently.
Whether you are planning a career or considering the change, here are 5 reasons to study networking technology.
1. Excellent Opportunities
Networking technology professionals are required in all industries. The highest employment is in computer systems design, telecommunications, financial institution and public administration. The widespread use of complex computer technology has been a driving factor for this occupation.
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of network systems administrators is projected to grow 4% from 2019 to 2029, and network architects will see the growth of 5% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than average. The demand for networking technology professionals is bound to increase in every country as organizations invest in mobile devices, cloud computing and big data.
2. Higher Earning Potential
Apart from sustainability in networking technology jobs, it also offers a higher salary. According to Job Bank Canada, computer network specialist in the Toronto area earns an average wage of C$44.23/hr with a higher hourly rate of $61.54/hr.
Recent graduates with industry-relevant certifications can confidently enter the workforce. The average for network administrators in Canada is C$32/hr.
3. Don’t have to be a Math Genius
Networking is all about basic logic. If you have an interest in technology and understand basic math, you have the skills to launch a career in networking technology.
The beauty of the IT industry is that you don’t need a bachelor’s degree to get started. A diploma or an associate degree and relevant industry certifications in networking technology are enough to get started. However, to rise up the career ladder, it is suggested to enhance your education level.
4. Global Standards
Computer networking is a fast-growing field and standards are global. Your skills and certifications are recognized worldwide. Companies such as CISCO, Microsoft and CompTIA offer networking certifications which are accepted by multinational organizations.
5. Cloud Computing
The advances in cloud-based infrastructure mean physical hard drives will become obsolete. It allows businesses to be more productive, reduce costs and improved time with business development.
According to Forbes, the user spending on cloud services will be more than $180 billion, and computer networking specialists will be a huge part of this project. Networking technology specialists will have to update their skills to match the advance technologies.
Must have certifications for Networking Technology Aspirants
- CompTIA Network +: For entry-level professionals, CompTIA Network+ certification gives basic knowledge of networking concepts, operations and security. Earning this certification indicates you have the knowledge in design, install, manage and troubleshoot common network devices. This certification is must-have for early and mid-career professionals.
- Cisco CCNA and CCNP: Two-level of certifications – Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) demonstrates the ability to work with Cisco networking solutions. These certifications prove that professional has knowledge of network fundamentals, security practices and access management. CCNA is designed for professionals with one-year experience, and CCNP is suitable for professionals with at least 5 years of experience.
- Cisco CCIE: Cisco offers the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification group. Which show expertise in creating and operating complex networking technologies. Certification in Enterprise Infrastructure and Enterprise Wireless are suited for expert professionals.
A career in networking technology will take you places. From beginner as network support technician to network security specialist, you have a plethora of opportunities to excel in the field.
Get Started, Today!
BizTech College offers a wide range of certificates and diplomas in computer networking technology.
- Computer network technician, a 19-week certificate, gives you fundamental knowledge in networking concepts and prepares you for CompTIA certification.
- Our computer network administrator 34-week diploma equips you with required skills to confidently manage and maintain the organization’s infrastructure. You will be prepared for the wide range of industry certifications such as CompTIA Network+ and CCNA.
- A powerful combo, Networking and Cybersecurity Diploma will train you from beginner to expert level. Along with essential industry certifications in networking technology – CCNA, CCNA Wireless, this program prepares students for Cisco Cybersecurity and other latest certifications.