As one of the most comprehensive paramedic programs in Ontario, BizTech College’s Primary Care Paramedic diploma prepares you with the knowledge and skills required to not only confidently administer pre-hospital, primary care but also preform emergency medical interventions. The strong career skill-set you gain here will qualify you for paramedic jobs in ambulatory health care services as well as local, municipal and regional ambulance services.
BizTech College’s paramedical course prepares you to meet Ontario’s recognized standards (A-EMCA) and join any ambulance service within the province. As a result, you may qualify for a number of paramedic jobs.
- Multi-faceted Skills A unique combination of classroom, lab together with EMS training will help you gain a solid, versatile career skill set.
- In-depth Knowledge You will specialize in wounds management, rescue procedures, First Aid and CPR plus defibrillation, in addition to basic patient care.
- High Demand Placement You will learn first-hand from qualified professionals, in a fast-paced setting, during your clinical placement.
BizTech College’s paramedical course will help you gain in-depth knowledge and competitive skill-set in the following areas:
- Understand critical medical terminology required to perform paramedical duties.
- Be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Have a clear understanding of the basics of pharmacology.
- Understand the operational, legal, ethical and psycho-social aspects of being a paramedic.
- Provide patient care in a variety of forms (from basic to emergency).
- Perform patient assessments and complete corresponding documentation.
- Identify patient trauma as well as provide trauma management.
- Provide symptom relief and medical guidance.
- Safely operate an ambulance or EMS vehicle.
- Patient communication skills training.
[H2] Clinical Placement
As a BizTech College Primary Care Paramedic student you have the opportunity to receive hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified paramedic professionals, in a real-world, clinical setting. Our partnerships with local ambulance services provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
Providing a smooth transition into the workforce, a clinical placement is a critical part of your paramedical course. During your placement, you will have the opportunity to foster meaningful connections with potential employers, which can serve you well as you search for paramedic jobs upon graduation.
Unlike many paramedic courses in Canada, as a BizTech College student, you have the opportunity to apply your paramedic training to a nursing degree, at Davenport University. The credits you earn with a BizTech College Primary Care Paramedic diploma can put you on the fast track to growing your healthcare career, and make you more versatile healthcare professional.