Is it the rush and excitement of working in the Emergency Room? Or the expert skill and precision required in open heart surgery? Maybe it is simply a passion for helping others that motivates you to become a medical doctor. Earning a Pre-Medical Diploma in Canada will prepare you to launch your medical sooner than you thought.
Get Ready to Launch your Career with Pre-Medical Diploma
- Prepare yourself for medical school, with a pre-medical diploma.
- Equip yourself with the pre-med requirements, afterward attending Caribbean medical school.
- Learn anatomy and physiology, as well as critical problem solving.
Offering a Pre-Medical Diploma in GTA, BizTech College will prepare you to fill the government declared shortage for general practitioners and medical specialists in Canada.
Our pre-medical diploma puts you on the path to earning your MD. In medical school, you may choose to specialize in one of the following areas:
* This program does not require approval under the Private Careers College Act, 2005.
General practitioners are typically the first stop on a patient’s medical journey, for the purpose of prescribing medications and treatments to help facilitate patient healing. If a patient requires additional care, general practitioners will refer a patient to a specialist, trained in a specific field of medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Medical Doctor you may perform some or all of the following duties:
- Patient examinations, recording patient histories, ordering laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures like x-rays and ultrasounds, as well as consulting other medical professionals to fully assess a patient’s health.
- Prescribe medications and treatments to aid patient healing.
- Provide emergency patient care and also acute care management.
- Assist, and in some cases, perform surgeries.
- Pre-and postnatal care, in some cases deliver babies.
- Professional advice, guidance, counselling and support to patients and their families regarding their care, treatments, medications etc.
- Take responsibility for primary patient care, and provide ongoing care.
- Administrative duties such as reporting births, deaths and disease outbreaks to the appropriate government authorities.
If you’re looking for pre-medical school in Canada for international students, BizTech College is the place to start your dreams of becoming a medical doctor!
As a result of successfully completing the Pre-Medical Diploma program you will have obtained the pre-med requirements of 92 credit hours, in only one year. As a pre-medical graduate you will be able to forego the MCAT, thus pursuing your medical education with confidence and ease.
Moreover, as a BizTech College graduate, you will benefit greatly from a streamlined admission process into one of our affiliate Caribbean medical schools.
Learning Outcomes of Pre-medical Diploma:
- Streamlined Admission into one of BizTech Colleges affiliate Caribbean medical schools
- Comprehensive curriculum, providing the well-rounded knowledge base you need for medical school.
- Qualified to apply to medical school and forego the MCAT exam
Throughout the duration of BizTech College pre-medical course you will gain in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- English grammar, punctuation, in addition to medical terminology.
- The human body’s structures and functions.
- Scientific and applied psychology.
- A variety of biological topics that are fundamental to all living organisms, with a focus on human biology.
- General chemistry that will develop your ability to solve qualitative and quantitative problems, and foster original thinking and problem- solving.
- Upper-division mathematics and computer sciences that will allow you to apply the tools of calculus to a number of situations.
- Application of histological structure to physiological function, develop histological lab skills, and familiarize yourself with histology’s clinical applications.
- Understanding of both the structural and chemical transformations of organic molecules.
- Recognizing critical physics models in order to draw conclusions and make educated quantitative predictions.
- Learn how ethics are applied in the behavioral sciences in order to be able to make ethical decisions and explain yourself using ethical terminology.
Medical School Affiliations
As a BizTech College Pre-Medical graduate, you will benefit from a streamlined admission process into an affiliate Caribbean medical school. Avalon University School of Medicine (Willemstad, Curaçao) welcomes BizTech College students to take a hole of their future, and earn their MD.
To begin your Pre-Medical Diploma admissions process, please contact Avalon University School of Medicine, and secure admissions. Our student advisors can work on your behalf during this process. Upon university acceptance, you can apply for BizTech College Pre-Medical Diploma.
Students looking to enroll in our pre-med course must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario High School Diploma, or equivalent (grade 12 level biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics credits required)
- Provide official transcripts