Working in nearly every medical setting, nurses play a vital role in the healthcare system. In addition to assessing patients, administering medications and treatments, registered nurses educate patients and families about various sicknesses or ailments. The Advanced nursing principles program and NCLEX Prep Course is perfect for Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) and residents of Canada to pass the NCLEX exam and become a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN) in Canada.
Advanced Nursing Principles
Become a Registered Nurse in Canada – NCLEX–RN/RPN Prep Course
Get Hands-on Training to Launch your Nursing Career in Canada
Designed according to the Canadian standards, this prep course provides hands-on skills to tackle real-world situations. In addition to theoretical knowledge, language and analytical skills to clear nursing license exam. In addition to course reviews you will have real-world experience which help you drastically speed up the learning process for NCLEX exam.
- Prepare yourself for a rewarding Nursing in Canada and the USA.
- Equip yourself with practical and theoretical know-how to successfully pass NCLEX Exam and gain Canadian licensing.
- Learn the Canadian standards of nursing from subject matter experts.
(*This program does not require approval under the Private Careers Colleges Act, 2015)
NCLEX Prep Program for Residents of Canada
Open for Canadian residents, BizTech College’s nursing program prepares you to pass the exam and become either an RN or RPN/LPN. Other than nursing exam preparation, the program helps you gain the required skills and knowledge in levels of nursing in Canada. NCLEX prep classes and course review are a large part of your education to ready you for your licensing exam. Also, the curriculum covers the medical/nursing practices and terminology used in Canada and the USA.
Who Can Apply?
Nursing graduates living in Canada, planning to write the NCLEX-RN, CPNRE or OSCE exam.
Upon successful completion Advanced Nursing Principle program you will have gained an in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Prepared for the NCLEX- RN/ RPN Exam
- Professional communication in nursing
- Nursing and clinical proficiency in Canada
- Leadership and skill development
As a Registered nurse in Canada you will perform some, or all, of the following duties:
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions
- Collaborate with members of an interdisciplinary health team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate patient care
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician or according to established policies and protocols
- Monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment
- Assist in surgery and other medical procedures
- May supervise licensed practical nurses and other nursing staff
- Develop and implement discharge planning process on admission of patients
- Educate and counsel patients and their families on health-related issues in collaboration with other health care providers.
Duration – 12 Months
NCLEX Exam Prep for Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN)
The National Council Licensure Examination commonly known as the NCLEX exam is required by every state regulatory board to become a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed/ Registered Practical Nurse (LPN/RPN) in Canada. Two types of NCLEX exams are:
Practical Nurse: Commonly taken for the entry-level licensed nursing positions to become a licensed practical nurse (LPN) or registered practical nurse (RPN)
Registered Nurse: If you are ready to advance your career, take additional responsibilities and of course better pay grade, Registered Nurse (RN) exam is a valid option for you.
Advanced Nursing Principles program is designed for Internationally-educated nurses (IEN) to bridge the gap and become a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) in Canada.
To become a registered nurse in Canada, all IENs are required to seek approval from the NNAS in order to write nursing license examinations. Upon starting the nursing program, BizTech College will assist you in submitting your National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) application.
Program will help you gain the Canadian knowledge and training needed to write the NCLEX-RN/RPN exam, with ease and confidence. You will also gain the necessary hands-on and theoretical knowledge, for a successful nursing career in Canada. The program includes in-depth know-how of:
- Medical Terminology & Communication
- CELBAN Test Preparation
- Canadian Nursing Review which includes clinical experience at a health care facility
- Workplace Prep & Nurse Licensing Exam Prep (NCLEX-RN or CPNRE)
The Canadian English Language Benchmark Association asses your English skills, directly related to nursing. Successful completion of this examination will ensure you have the English Language skills and proficiency for a career in nursing.
While students assessment by NNAS is in process, our students have opportunity to gain additional certifications such as
- Medical Lab Technician along with ECG & Phlebotomy certificate OR
- Personal Support Worker
Therefore, gaining versatile skill-set, become well-trained and opening career paths to varied healthcare professions.
As a BizTech College student, you are guaranteed hands-on, situational training, supervised by qualified professionals in a real-world, clinical setting. Our partnerships with local clinics and hospitals provide you with the opportunity to work alongside highly qualified professionals in a fast-paced, urban setting.
Duration – 18 Months
Students looking to apply should meet the following pre-requisites:
- A graduate of nursing post-secondary diploma or degree within the last 5 years
- Veriﬁable clinical working hours
- Reference letters ( minimum of 2, indicating hospital. Clinical work hours completed, can be combined with post-secondary experience)
- Minimum of 1125 clinical hours
- Current membership, and in good standing with nursing authority
- Clinical practice within the last 2 years
- Computer literacy; basic Microsoft Word, email skill and internet handling
All international credentials must be assessed by a third party evaluator. Prospective students should ensure a credential evaluation is completed and submitted along with the application. An acceptance letter cannot be issued until the equivalent proof is presented. BizTech College will accept evaluations from:
English Proficiency Requirements
- An Academic IELTS overall score of 6 with no band less than 6.
Our advanced nursing program prepares you to meet the government declared shortage for registered nurses in Canada. It is estimated 139,700 new registered nurse jobs in Canada will open up through 2024.
The average hourly wage rate for registered nurses is $37.00, corresponding median weekly wage rate is $1411, giving an approximate full-time annual salary of $73,000. However, according to Glassdoor, registered nurses with experience in the Greater Toronto Area can make up to CA $111k/yr, which is 62% above the national average.
Varied Career Opportunities as a Registered Nurse in Canada
Nursing in Ontario, you have the opportunity to work in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, long-term care facilities as well as private care facilities. You may also have the opportunity to explore a variety of nursing specializations, such as:
- Cardiovascular Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Critical Care & Emergency Nursing
- Critical Care Pediatric Nursing
- Neuroscience Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Perinatal Nursing
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Rehabilitation Nursing