45 Weeks (880 Hours)
With technological advancements, the need for IT specialists is in demand more than ever. The job outlook for computer systems technology graduates is good in Ontario, especially with networking skills.
BizTech College diploma in computer systems technology offers students’ knowledge of Programming, Virtualization, Networking, Cloud Concepts, Linux Operating System. Students will also learn the core disciplines of Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL) lifecycle, lifecycle stages link and best practices to apply.
The program is comprised of practical courses and focuses specifically on hands-on training along with project-based learning. Our graduates are trained in both hard and soft skills for a smooth transition into the workforce.
Preparation for Industry Certifications
Life-long Career Support
Computer Systems Technology Diploma at BizTech College
Upon graduating as a computer system technician, you will be able to perform the following functions successfully:
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement computer systems.
- Install, configure, optimize, monitor, troubleshoot and upgrade computer systems.
- Successfully install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot wireless systems.
- Upgrade the software installed on to the server, including upgrading virus software.
- Training to users in response to identified difficulties
- As required supervise other technical support workers
- Provide network, business systems and internet support to users.
Our career services focus on verbal and written communication and presentation skills to help you succeed in versatile business settings: resume building, LinkedIn profile enhancement, and job search tips as and when required.
Students looking to enroll in the Computer Systems Technology program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 years of age or older) AND
- Successful completion of Entry Assessment Test
Be Ready for a High-impact Technology Career!
Can you imagine a world without computer systems? With technological advancements, the need for IT specialists is in demand more than ever.
Computer systems technicians are in-demand in Ontario and work in a variety of business settings. Technology consulting firms, armed forces, and law enforcement agencies hire graduates with network and security specializations.
Graduates can explore the following career options:
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Network Support Analyst,
- Technical Support Analyst,
- Network systems administrator
- Network designer
Computer systems technician fit into a variety of roles, and with additional industry, certifications can rise up the ranks within the organization.
The usual earning for technical support analysts- systems is between C$15.39/hour and C$48.72/hour in Ontario. The average in the Toronto region is C$30.29/hour.
Qualities Employers Seek
Technical skills are essential for information technology positions, however, as a computer systems technician, you will be working closely with end-users and clients. Key qualities employers seek:
- Essential Industry Certifications
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Open to Learning
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
- Leadership Skills
CompTIA Network +
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.