In a technology-driven world, computer/laptops are the backbones of any business. Computer Service technicians play a vital role in maintaining computers and servers for businesses. BizTech College’s Computer Service Technician certificate program offers in-depth knowledge of Hardware Fundamentals and the Microsoft Windows family of the operating system.
Computer Service Technician
Start a career in technology in just 10 Weeks!
- Prepare yourself with the right skill-set through hands-on training to enter the technology sector.
- Equip yourself with industry-standard certifications and job-ready skills to excel in the chosen career path.
- Learn with industry practitioners in modernized IT labs.
Computer service technicians work in a variety of settings, both public and private sectors. Apart from essential computer maintenance, repair technicians may also need to build, install and configure new hardware and software applications.
According to PayScale, the average hourly pay for a Computer Service Technician in Canada is C$16.50. The employment outlook will be fair in the Toronto region for the 2018-2020 period.
Apart from self- employment, computer service technician diploma graduates will qualify for specialized positions such as:
- Computer Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Service Desk analyst
- IT Helpdesk/Support Technician
Depending on the work environment, computer service technicians perform physical and investigative processes, including technical support and often customer service. Experienced computer repair technicians might specialize in fields such as data recovery, system administration, and networking.
Computer service technicians can work both on-site and off-site. The job can range from minor settings, spyware, viruses to replacing hardware and an entire operating system. Most organizations list following requisites while hiring repair technicians:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Education in a related field is an asset.
- Problem –solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional technical & communication expertise.
- Understanding of data storage & recovery.
- Candidate should have time & task management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities of Computer Service Technician
Responsible for all IT support of the organization, computer service technician perform the following responsibilities:
- Maintain hardware and software.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Resolve network and connectivity issues.
- Repair and upgrade computer hardware and operating systems.
- Handle security updates.
- Testing and debugging programs.
- Handle user queries and coach with optimum solutions.
- Configuring Printers.
The computer service technician certificate from BizTech College prepares you to install, upgrade, troubleshoot and perform preventive measures for Computers, Laptops, Portable Devices, Operating Systems, Printers and Scanners.
Along with theoretical and practical learning, students are prepared for Industry certifications for better job opportunities. Our graduates are trained in both hard and soft skills for a smooth transition into the workforce.
- Job-Ready: Graduates will gain hands-on skills to secure specialized positions in a variety of business settings.
- Certifications: An industry-standard certification adding on to your resume for better job opportunities.
- Career Growth: With in-depth fundamental knowledge, you can choose to pursue higher education to advance your career in the technology sector.
Upon graduating as a computer service technician, you will be able to perform the following functions successfully:
- Install computer software or hardware.
- Maintain and repair equipment.
- Troubleshoot different computer issues.
- Determine and install appropriate security measures.
- Configure computer networks.
- Provide technical support on-site or via phone or email.
- CompTIA A+: This certification will validate you understand common hardware and software technologies in business, and certifies you have the necessary skills to support complex IT infrastructures.
Students looking to enroll in BizTech College’s Computer Service Technician program must first meet the following pre-requisites:
- Ontario High school diploma or equivalent,
- OR Mature student status (18 years old and over) AND
- Successful completion of the Wonderlic test