Depending on the work environment, computer service technicians perform physical and investigative processes, including technical support and often customer service. Experienced computer repair technicians might specialize in fields such as data recovery, system administration, and networking.
Computer service technicians can work both on-site and off-site. The job can range from minor settings, spyware, viruses to replacing hardware and an entire operating system. Most organizations list following requisites while hiring repair technicians:
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Education in a related field is an asset.
- Problem –solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional technical & communication expertise.
- Understanding of data storage & recovery.
- Candidate should have time & task management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities of Computer Service Technician
Responsible for all IT support of the organization, computer service technician perform the following responsibilities:
- Maintain hardware and software.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Resolve network and connectivity issues.
- Repair and upgrade computer hardware and operating systems.
- Handle security updates.
- Testing and debugging programs.
- Handle user queries and coach with optimum solutions.
- Configuring Printers.