Cloud computing is growing at a fast pace. IT giants Microsoft, Google and Amazon Web Services has shown a massive gain in dollar terms.
So why companies are moving to the Cloud?
- Cloud technology is reliable, scalable and highly available. Apart from reduced operational costs, it ensures the effectiveness of IT processes.
- No need for multiple infrastructures, especially when teams are spread across continents.
- Cloud computing environment allows remotely located employees to access applications and work via the internet.
- Most cloud computing models handle many administrative tasks such as database backup, software upgrades, and periodic maintenance.
- Disaster recovery systems can be implemented quickly and give much better control over the resources.
What skills cloud computing professionals should have?
- As a cloud engineer, it is essential to have working experience with at least one of the three major cloud providers: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- You need to be familiar with the basic concepts of software development, networking, security, and databases.
Apart from hard skills, cloud engineers should possess traditional soft skills – communication, analytic, strategic planning for success. Cloud engineers should be highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities of Cloud Engineer
BizTech College’s diploma in Cloud Engineer is designed as per industry standards, keeping in mind the knowledge level of participating individuals. The program prepares you to perform some, or all, of the following duties:
- Configure and fine-tune cloud infrastructure systems.
- Install and configure virtual Servers.
- Support cloud servers, including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Establish Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to customer environments.
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions.
- Monitor automated systems recovery solutions.