Applied Business Administration
60 Weeks (1200 Hours)
Business graduates are needed in every sector/industry. Be it a small to medium business or a multinational, every business requires skill administrators and managers to run effectively and successfully.
BizTech College’s applied business administration program is modelled after ‘real-world’ scenarios and educates the students on principles of business that are expected in the workforce.
From marketing to sales, human resources, financing to accounting, management to operations, students will learn in-depth working knowledge on running an effective and successful organization. Special attention is given to communication skills through courses that are focused on oral and written skills. This program offers a broad scope of knowledge and opportunities in varied domains.
1Year No-cost Subscription to QuickBooks & Sage Software
Focus on Digital Technology Skills
Life-long Career Support & Placement Assistance
Applied Business Administration Diploma at BizTech College
The case-based teaching approach allows students to apply technical knowledge to a real-life scenario, preparing students to succeed in today’s global business market.
Our diploma focuses on the following areas of study:
- Marketing management, focusing on market research, physical distribution, product planning, pricing, and promotional activities.
- Global business studies covering business ethics, economic challenges, and international business strategies.
- Fundamental accounting principles, the performance of daily accounting tasks, and assessing financial reports such as trial balance statements, balance sheets, and income statements.
- Financial analysis for investment opportunities managing working capital and valuation decisions.
- Sales and customer service essentials– Techniques on prospecting, planning sales calls, making presentations, and closing sales.
- Knowledge of emerging business essentials such as digital marketing, social media management, and e-business.
Applied business administration students get hands-on training in the latest software required in every business setting – Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Sage and CRM. Students are eligible for a no-cost, one-year subscription to QuickBooks and Sage accounting software for personal computers.
You will gain advanced skills in Microsoft – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and database management with Microsoft Access.
Public Speaking, written communications, and leadership essentials are taught within the program. Which further helps our students succeed in versatile business settings.
Our career services help you in resume building, LinkedIn profile enhancement, and job search tips as and when required.
Students looking to enroll in our Applied Business Administration program must first meet the following prerequisites:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent OR
- Mature Student Status (18 years of age or older) AND
- Successful completion of Entry Assessment Test
Preparing you to Lead Businesses of 21st Century
From job-readiness to essential skills for self-employment, we prepare students to succeed in whatever path they choose to pursue.
With a business diploma, you will be an in-demand employee, as well as having the advantage of being able to pursue a wide variety of career paths, such as:
- Business Administrator
- Project Officer
- Retail and Customer Services
- Financial Management
- Marketing/Product/ Brand Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Account Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Small Business Owner
Equip yourself to meet the rapidly increasing demand for administrative and managerial positions across Canada. Here is a glimpse into the salary outlook for various occupations in the Greater Toronto Area:
- Retail managers earn an average wage of C$34.62/hour in the Toronto Region.
- Graduates who choose to pursue a career in marketing can earn an average wage of C$23.80/hour.
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers usually earn between C$19.23/hour and 48.08/hour in the Toronto Region. For detailed Job Outlook, prospects and salary information of various roles, you can visit the Government of Canada Job Bank.
Qualities Employers Seek
If you are considering a career in business administration, here are some traits that will help you stand out. Essential qualities employers seek:
- Effective Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Leadership Qualities
- Creative Whiz
- Open to Learning
“We are now proud franchise owners of Driving Miss Daisy, it has been a long journey, but we learned business essential during our time at BizTech College which helped us start our own business”
“Applied business management program had been a learning experience. Interactive sessions, presentations and discussions were a part of the journey. An excellent and learned teacher is the actual backbone of the course. Pre-employment student assistance is remarkable.”
“The education offered at BizTech College is by far an above-average experience. Apart from excellent teaching, college staff works with you every step of the way”
Are you confused about which career path to take?
‘It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.’
Find out what you are good at! Our career quiz will help you know yourself better, identify your strengths and which career suits your social style.