Thinking about a nursing career in Canada? This is the right time to invest in one. Nurses are one of the top in-demand profession for the next decade. According to the Conference Board of Canada, the requirement of registered nurses (RN) will increase more than double.
Nursing career, just like any other, requires hard work, patience and persistent effort. Before you dive into, ask yourself ‘Is it something want to pursue long-term’, ‘Is it making me happy’, ‘Is it well-paid profession’ and ‘Is there any scope of growth’.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons why you should invest in Nursing Career in Canada:
- Job Security: Nursing career is a calling. Ontario needs at least 17,000 more RNs to match the national RN-to-population ratio. Not only in hospitals, but nurses are in demand in private home care, small clinics and health promotion. Canada offers one of the best health-care and nurses play a vital role in the system.
- Work Environment: Unlike most countries, Canada provides a healthy working environment. Nursing career is bound to be hectic and stressful everywhere. But in Canada, nurses are recognized for their effort and rewarded accordingly.
- Better Pay Scale: Remuneration is a concern in most jobs, but nurses in Canada receive decent pay to start with. With experience and specialization in domains such as cardiovascular, perinatal, rehabilitation, your pay scale will be more than average.
- Flexibility: Nurses can work full-time and part-time. It’s an adaptable profession, depending on your lifestyle you can choose to work day, night, morning and evening shifts. Additionally, registered nurses (RNs) can work in a wide variety of places.
- Transferable Skills: A nursing career in Canada opens up global placement opportunities. You can travel and work in a range of sectors. You can work in public health or in community health centres. If you are interested in education, you can be an educator or become a consultant in a health organization.
- Endless Learning Opportunities: Nursing career has challenges, just like any other profession. But, the learning curve in nursing is much more. No day is the same, and each day offers new experiences. If you have a passion for nursing, it is an exciting field.
- Leadership: With the right knowledge, you can choose to take up leadership roles. Help educators, train newbies or help through research monitoring. An administrative position with nursing experience is lucrative. It doesn’t matter if you are a resident of Canada or an internationally educated nurse.
Kickstart your nursing career with BizTech College
BizTech College offers NCLEX Exam prep to become a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed/ Registered Practical Nurse (LPN/RPN) in Canada. In addition to theoretical knowledge, language and analytical skills to clear nursing license exam, you will have real-world experience, which helps you drastically speed up the learning process for the NCLEX exam.