LMS Consultant – Canvas
BizTech College is looking for an experienced ‘Canvas LMS Consultant’, whose primary role will serve a dual role with duties both in learning management and instructional design. The strong candidate will work with internal managers and subject matter experts by assessing learning needs, determining learning goals, and implementing digital learning solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer, support, and maintain the online learning systems including production, staging, and development in a SAAS environment.
- High level of initiative with the ability to integrate diverse opportunities and complex viewpoints into innovative solutions.
- Ability to execute a plan of significant organizational or process change.
- A strong communicator, with excellent influencing skills, with a flair for building and maintaining relationships at all levels, both internally & externally.
- Expertise in learning management systems (Canvas), experience with data migration, student information systems (SIS), and higher education ERP solutions is a plus.
- High degree of complexity, experience and judgment required.
- Ability to support/manage agile development cycles for eLearning development.
- Demonstrated innovative outcomes approach in evaluating and implementing educational instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies which can be applied to instructional and academic activities.
- Proficient in e-learning development using a range of authoring tools
- Advanced knowledge of outcomes-based instructional design, adult learning theories, instructional design principles and methodologies, and instructional technology, authoring tools and applications, and multimedia development on various platforms.
- Knowledge of UI and UX principles would be an asset.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology or related field.
- At least Five (5) years of recent and relevant instructional design experience, including designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions for a range of delivery formats (e.g., face-to-face, blended, and online courses).
- Must have Two (2) years of experience on Canvas LMS.
Hours of work will be assigned by the Mississauga Campus, Director of Admissions.
The scheduled start date is immediate.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time