Advance your career as Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
Diagnostic medical sonographers use special imaging equipment sending high frequency sound waves to produce images of internal body tissues. They assist physicians diagnose wide range of internal health issues and monitor pregnancy.
BizTech College’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is aligned with the National Competency Profiles (NCP) Generalist. Practical training help students master examination techniques and Clinical Readiness program lays emphasis on clinical skills making graduates highly employable.
Program has been designed by subject specialists allocating enough hours to both didactic and practical components of the study. You will develop proficiency in Abdominal, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Vascular, Musculoskeletal and Pediatric Sonography.
CONNECT WITH US
Fill out the form below, and we will get back to you.
Earn your Diagnostic Medical Sonography Diploma in 102 Weeks, Enroll Today !
BE JOB READY
Upon successful completion of the diagnostic medical sonography-generalist program and registration with Sonography Canada, graduates are eligible to register with the CMRITO.
Our graduates gain an in-depth knowledge of the subject and learn how to:
- Perform ultrasound procedures in an efficient and timely manner.
- Apply proper body mechanics and practice ergonomic techniques to ensure self and patient’s physical safety.
- Record correct medical history, correctly perform ultrasound examination and document findings using correct medical terminology and standard abbreviations.
- Establish effective, efficient and meaningful verbal and non-verbal communication with the patient, patient’s relatives and health care team members.
- Apply appropriate critical thinking techniques in understanding and solving complex, unusual and exceptional problems/situations.
- Assist the physicians in performing specialized procedures such as contrast studies, aspiration and injection procedures, intraoperative ultrasonography and other interventional procedures.
- Evaluate images for normal and abnormal findings by integrating knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology and prepare sonographer impression and report for submission to the interpreting physician.
- Furnish safe, complacent and dignified environment to the patient in line with standards of practice and guidelines provided by professional and regulatory bodies like Sonography Canada and CMRITO.
- Rigorously implement profession required infection control measures to protect self, the patient and coworkers against contagious disease processes.
- Apply principles of ultrasound physics and instrumentation be able to achieve a high quality and diagnostically helpful ultrasound study.
- Maintain professional appearance and uphold manner and conduct expected out of a qualified, competent and seasoned sonographer.
Upon completion of the program, you may work under any of following job titles:
- Medical sonographer
- Ultrasound technologist
- Registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS)
- Sonography instructor