Lead IT Instructor
BizTech College is looking for an experienced ‘Lead IT Instructor’, whose primary role is to plan, organize and deliver curriculum to students in an instructor led environment, both online and in class. The Lead Instructor will be responsible to teach and provide courses to students more into practical side. One of the main duties will evaluate the student’s performance relating to the curriculum via using a variety of assessments. The Director will support student success, including student internship and job placement, when required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Lead IT Instructor, you should have a no-fail attitude and provide the appropriate curriculum, instruction, leadership, mentorship, and support to ensure fellow success
- Train adults who have no previous background in technology with a variety of educational attainment from public universities to community colleges to no degree at all.
- Take a command on curriculum development for courses, prepare daily lesson plans and Ensure that class delivery is optimized for the specific course delivery method: online or in class.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining the instructor guides. In addition, responsible for providing the training and required support to new instructors to teach the program.
- Develop a variety of instructional strategies, techniques, and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning styles of students and prepare lecture/lab and class materials as required.
- Establish, comply, and maintain college and student policies and procedures with a controlled and supportive classroom management.
- Evaluate students throughout the duration of each course using multiple assessment methods, conducted formatively and summative.
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and revision of our standardized curriculum.
- Responsible for student advising, student recruitment, and Co-op/graduate placement support when requested.
- Demonstrate overall direction of the program, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and developing and maintaining strong industry ties.
- Collaborate with other teams and follow the college policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is
- A University/College degree relevant to the subject matter is required.
- Related IT industry certifications are considered an asset, particularly some, or all the following:
CompTIA A+, CompTIA Project+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Pentest+, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA), Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Knowledge of Python computer programming is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience in a career occupation relevant to the subject matter of the course
- 5 years of full-time teaching experience with adults is highly recommended.
- Demonstrable experience in teaching the international students.
- Teaching experience in an online environment is considered an asset.
Hours of work will be assigned by the Mississauga Campus, Director of Admissions.
The scheduled start date is immediate.