Bookkeeping career offers both stability and excellent opportunities in Canada. Bookkeeping career involves dealing with numbers and provide essential service to businesses everywhere. If you are good with numbers and have basic computer literacy, it may be the right career choice for you!
What do bookkeeping clerks do?
Bookkeeping clerks produce financial records for the business. They record financial transactions, update statements and check financial records for accuracy.
Some of the primary duties of bookkeeping clerks include:
- Use bookkeeping software, spreadsheets, and databases
- Enter financial transactions into the appropriate computer software
- Receive and record cash, checks, and vouchers
- Maintain debit and credit transfers, assigning each to an appropriate account
- Check for accuracy in figures, postings, and reports
- Reconcile or note and report any differences they find in the records
Employment in this occupation has been stable for over a decade and bookkeepers are employable in nearly every industry. Bookkeeping can also be your stepping stone towards a future career as a Accountant.
Why you should invest in Bookkeeping Career?
- Always in-demand : Demand for bookkeepers is constant from multinationals to small businesses; every organization needs to maintain books by law. From entering regular transactions to running reports, bookkeeping clerks are required. According to Job Bank Canada, the outlook for bookkeeping clerks is good for the period of 2019-2021.
- Be your own boss: Work in all kind of organizations such as governments, corporate and commercial businesses, charities and not-for-profit organizations. You may choose to work full-time with one company or work for multiple clients at the same time. There is often enough flexibility for you to shape your career.
- Higher Earning Potential: Earn a substantial income which grows with experience and is a steady career. Industry certified bookkeepers are valued and have high earning potential. With relevant experience, one can make a substantial salary.
- Your Work is Crucial: Financial transactions accurately impact the entire business. Integrity is essential. With the right experience, you can lead in financial recording and reporting and in planning and analysis. Also, help to determine which practices and strategies survive, and which do not.
- Enjoy Stability: Bookkeeping career offers what most of us seek – a dependable career. You will enjoy the benefits of regular hours, benefits and the ability to plan for the future and with time, venture out on your own.
- Not a Boring Profession: People consider accounting and bookkeeping a boring profession, someone stuck behind a desk. But, in reality, as a self-employed bookkeeper, you will meet people from a diverse range of backgrounds. If you possess excellent networking skills you have fantastic potential in your career.
- Constant Learning: Changes in technology and regulation bring constant changes in the accounting industry. You will need to stay up-to-date on best practices to be successful. With passion and drive to succeed, you can reap many rewards that bookkeeping field has to offer.
BizTech College offers diploma and certificate programs in Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping and Payroll Administration. Along with essential theoretical know how, we train you on latest industry software and improve your technological and computer skills.